Settlement of slab foundations can be just as damaging as basement and crawl space foundations. Addressing visible cracks or uneven floors is important, as they can indicate that your home’s safety and structural integrity are compromised.
BQ Basements & Concrete has the perfect solution for this problem: SettleStop™ Slab Piers. As foundation repair experts, we offer a permanent and warrantied method to stabilize your home.
This page provides valuable insights on why slab piers are a necessary and effective solution for your foundation problems with BQ Basements & Concrete.
What Are Slab Piers?
Slab piers are specialized components used for repairing foundations. They are designed to permanently stabilize settling foundations, which prevents future settling and ensures that your property is resistant to shifting or expansive soil conditions.
These piers act as stable columns that transfer the weight of your home down to more stable ground, providing stability and potentially lifting the house back to its original position.
In addition to slab piers, a comprehensive approach to maintaining your home’s structural health may include basement waterproofing, crawl space repair, and other solutions. Therefore, slab piers are an essential component of such an approach that ensures the longevity of your home’s foundation.
Signs You Need Slab Piers
If you see any of the following signs in your home, your concrete slab foundation may need stabilization:
- Visible floor cracks
- Cracks in drywall
- Drywall nail pops
- Uneven floors
- Doors and windows that stick
- Gaps between floors and walls
While these indicators may seem only aesthetic at first glance, they are actually warning signs of a deteriorating foundation that should not be ignored.
If you notice any of these problems, it’s important to contact local foundation repair professionals like BQ right away.
Are Slab Piers Necessary?
Ignoring signs of a settling foundation will not make the problem go away. Instead, it will only worsen the issue, causing repairs to become more extensive and costly as the foundation weakens.
Acting early with slab pier repair can prevent further damage and provide peace of mind. It is a critical component of a whole-home solution that saves money and preserves your home’s value in the long run.
BQ Basements & Concrete understands that every home is unique and requires its own repair plan. That is why we offer various foundation, basement, crawl space, and concrete repair solutions. Even if slab piers are not the best fix for your home, we will recommend the exact remedy your home needs to remain safe, stable, and protected for years to come.
What Are the Benefits of Slab Piers?
At BQ, we take pride in the strength and longevity of our piers. Each installation is customized to fit your home, providing a variety of benefits, such as:
- Stop and Prevent Further Settling: Our slab piers prevent further settling by transferring the structure’s weight through the piers onto stable soil or bedrock.
- Potentially Lift Settling Sections: We strategically install piers to attempt to lift settled areas of the slab back into position.
- Long-term Stability: Our slab piers provide a permanent solution, ensuring your home remains stable for the long term.
- Enhanced Home Value: A stable foundation is a significant selling point, making your home more attractive to potential buyers.
- Comprehensive Warranty: Our slab piers are backed by a transferable lifetime warranty, giving you peace of mind.
At BQ, we offer expert services and proprietary solutions that provide optimal foundation repair benefits without compromising quality or convenience.
How We Install Slab Piers
We specialize in foundation repair and offer a variety of pier systems, including slab piers. While slab piers require a unique installation approach compared to our other pier systems, such as helical and push piers, our team of experts is equipped to handle the job. Here are the steps we take when installing slab piers:
- Our experts conduct a thorough inspection.
- We remove the affected flooring.
- A hole is then augered through the slab to expose the footing.
- A bracket is inserted under the footing.
- Pier sections are extended into the ground.
- We closely monitor the pier depths and capacities.
- The pier is then capped off.
- A bracket is placed on the slab.
- The weight of the home is transferred onto the pier.
- Cement is poured into the hole and the surface is smoothed out.
Trust BQ Basements & Concrete as the leading foundation repair company in Greater Philadelphia, Delaware, and New Jersey. We take pride in our expertise in slab pier installation, making us the best choice for your project.
Why Our Slab Piers Are the Best Choice for Your Home
Our SettleStop Slab Piers have several advantages, including:
- Designed for slab foundations
- Customized to meet your needs
- Exclusive design for stability and lifting power
- Lifetime warranty
- Annual maintenance plans available
Contact BQ Basements & Concrete for Slab Piers Today!
Foundation damage, even the smallest, should be fixed to keep your home stable and your family safe.
Contact BQ Basements & Concrete for a free, no-obligation inspection. Our slab pier solution will stabilize your foundation permanently and protect your home’s structure. We use exclusive piers, perform quality installation, and offer a lifetime warranty, so you can trust us for all your foundation repair needs.
Slab Piers FAQs
The number of piers needed for slab repair will depend on the extent of the damage. If an inspector from BQ Basements & Concrete determines that slab piers are the appropriate repair solution for your home, they will review all the project specifics with you, including the number of piers needed.
Our experienced crews typically install slab piers in 1-2 days, depending on the required number of piers. To learn more about the installation process, please contact us for a free inspection.
The cost of slab piers varies depending on the damage severity and the number of piers required. We offer flexible, transparent financing options for our customers. For a free inspection that includes recommended repairs, transparent pricing, and an accurate cost breakdown, contact BQ Basements & Concrete.